John was born about 1775, to Jonathan Kelly and Elizabeth Shaver. He died 19 Jun 1839, and is buried at Bowman United Church Cemetery in Ancaster Twp. During the War of 1812, John Kelly served as a Private, in the 5th Regiment Lincoln Militia.
Gunner Lewis B. Smith
Lewis B Smith born 10 Jun 1764 in Amwell, Sussex, New Jersey, USA and his wife Phoebe Huffman born 30 Sep 1772 , married in 1785, at Johnsonburg, New Jersey, U.S.A. Shortly there after, they headed to Upper Canada to escape persecution.
Jerry (Jere) T Kentner was granted land in London, Ontario, after the war. At some point he made his way to Erin and in 1825 he was elected to Township Council.
William Parker was born in St John, New Brunswick in January 1790, the son of UE Loyalist Sgt. John Parker of the New York Volunteers and his wife Nancy Watson. John and Nancy were born and married in County Cork, Ireland, emigrating to Nova Scotia, but then moving to Northumberland County, Pennsylvania in 1776. Following the American Revolution, they returned to Nova Scotia before making their way to Wainfleet Twp., Lincoln County, Upper Canada.
The Lanning name has morphed many times over the years, with spelling varying from Lanon to Lanion-Lanyon-Laneine back to the 12th Century spelling of DeLinyeine. Genealogists have identified the family as originating in Madron, Cornwall, England, dating back to the 12th Century.
It appears that John Clements came to Canada West as a young man from Ireland. He fought along side his father Joseph and they were both given given land grants at the end of the War. John settled in the Burford/Fairfield area and went on to marry and raised his family here.
John is buried along side his wife Sarah in the Fairfield Cemetery.
John Cook was born in the United States in 1791 and I would assume came to Canada West with his parents. He and his family were UEL and Cook was awarded a Land Grant after the war.
Commanding Officer: Captain James Crooks
John Fonger came to Canada from New Jersey as a young man and joined the 1st Flank Company 5th Regiment Lincoln Militia. After the war he was given a land grant and settled in the St. George area of the then Dumfries Township. Whether or not he farmed the land is unclear as on the 1851 census he was listed as a labourer.
Early roads in Niagara followed the shores of the river and the banks of the Chippawa Creek, Lyons Creek and the Black Creek, therefore, the first areas settled were along these pioneer roads.